Jeffrey Wasserman heads the firm’s Family Law practice group. He is the former Chair of the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar (2000-2001) and the former Chair of the Florida Bar Family Law Rules Committee (2004-2005). He is currently serving on the Florida Supreme Court Family Law Forms Workshop which he Chaired in 2007 and 2008. Mr. Wasserman has been recognized by Martindale-Hubbell as an “AV” rated lawyer for many years; is recognized in Who’s Who; and has consistently been recognized as a “Top Lawyer” in South Florida Legal Guide and as a “Super Lawyer by Super Lawyer’s Magazine.
We know that it is more beneficial to our clients to amicably resolve conflicts rather than litigate them. In fact, Mr. Wasserman is trained in Collaborative Law to assist those clients interested in a less litigious approach to resolving their case. However, we are prepared to support our clients’ goals through litigation and trial, if necessary.
These are our fields of expertise in Family Law:
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements – negotiation, preparation and litigation
- Dissolution of Marriage – including divorce, timesharing, child support, alimony, equitable distribution, partition of property and other relief available under a dissolution action
- Marital Settlement Agreements – negotiation and preparation
- Paternity – establishment and defense of paternity, timesharing and support
- Collaborative Law
- Post Judgment – enforcement and modification
- Domestic Violence actions – prosecution and defense
- Dependency actions