The firm’s attorneys are well experienced in all aspects of probate, trust and fiduciary litigation.
The firm’s Probate, Trust and Fiduciary Litigation practice group regularly engages in the evaluation, consultation, litigation and mediation (as both mediator and advocate) of disputes involving trusts, estates and fiduciary relationships. The firm’s clients include corporate and individual trustees, banks, investment professionals, personal representatives (executors), administrators, guardians, beneficiaries and other companies and individuals who are involved in disputes concerning trusts, estates and probate actions.
The firm’s services in Probate, Trust and Fiduciary Litigation include, but are not limited to:
- Will and trust contests, which often involve claims of incapacity or that a will or trust was procured by undue influence or fraud.
- Disputes over the distribution of trust or estate assets.
- Trust reformations and interpretations.
- Guardianships and other means and strategies for addressing incapacitated individuals.
- Breaches of fiduciary duty by a trustee or personal representative.
- Actions to remove a trustee or personal representative.
- Disputes over the exercise of powers of attorney.
- Service as mediator, including pre-suit dispute resolution and mediation at all phases of litigation.
In the midst of the largest generational transfer of wealth in the nation’s history, high stakes disagreements frequently arise concerning the validity and meaning of wills, trusts and other estate planning instruments; the appropriate management and distribution of the assets which pass under those instruments; and the conduct of the fiduciaries responsible for managing and distributing those assets. When such issues arise, the firm’s Probate, Trust and Fiduciary Litigation practice group attorneys are experienced and ready to vigorously protect our clients.